Environment, Health and Safety Air Emissions Testing
Identify the type and amount of contaminants in air emissions from stacks and ducts with air emissions testing from SGS.
Air emitted from stacks and ducts must be tested for pollutants, particularly matter, gases and fumes, and vapors. Quantifying the type and amount of pollutants in the air emissions will allow:
- Compliance evaluation with existing or proposed emission regulations
- Quantification of financial losses from product escapes
- Collection of engineering data for control equipment design
- Assessment of the efficiency of installed control equipment
- Collection of emission data for modeling
- Calibration of continuous monitors
SGS Air Emissions Testing
Our emission testing teams regularly perform sampling on the full-range of regulated pollutants, including criteria pollutants and volatile organic compounds. These include:
- Particulate matter (including PM-10 and PM-2.5 fractions)
- Acid gases
- Metals (including mercury)
- Dioxins / furans, PCBs and PAHs
- Volatile and semi-volatile organic compounds
- Total and speciated hydrocarbons
- SO2, NOX, CO, CO2, O2
We offer a wide range of testing and analytical services, utilizing the latest instrumentation, including isokinetic samplers and hi-tech flue gas analyzers.
We work with Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems (CEMS) to collect real time data for various parameters such as O2, CO2, CO, NOX, SO2 and THC. SGS has extensive experience in performing CEMS calibration services in terms of the latest US EPA and EU regulations including:
- Relative Accuracy Test Audits (40CFR 60 and 75)
- Quarterly and annual QA/QC audits
- QAL 1: Choice of the qualified equipment (Automated Measuring System (AMS)) and the measuring procedure
- QAL 2: Quality assurance of the installation and calibration, including validation
- QAL 3: Ongoing quality assurance of the AMS
- AST: Annual quality assurance by control measurements
Why choose SGS?
With a global network of highly trained technicians, back by an unrivaled network of accredited laboratories, SGS offers global expertise with local knowledge. Our technicians can help you assess your emissions and understand their impact, enabling you to make informed decisions on the future direction of your business.
To learn more about air emissions testing, contact your local SGS office.